Re: [NTLK] Newton Phone

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 20:39:41 EST

on 10/11/02 20:08, Ron Dube at rondube1_at_mac.com wrote:

> I've just picked up a Newton phone, very nice!! I have some questions, if a=
> nybody out there in Newton Land might have some experience with it. First:
> =95 It came without the modem module - does anyone have one to sell?
> =95 If the modem were in place, how do you plug in the power adapter with t=
> he modem in place, and also have access to the connector?
> =95 Sinde I don't have a manual, what is the big round button at the bottom=
> front panel near the handset do? It can't turn on the Newton, because ther=
> e is no physical connection between the phone and the Newton!
>
> If anyone has an answer, please let me know! Also, if anyone has a manual, =
> I would like to buy, or borrow it and make a copy and return it!!

What do you mean, a "Newton phone"? Do you know the brand? There was one
available in France, or was it Germany, made by Siemens, I think, but that's
the only phone that was based on a Newton that I ever heard about.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined, if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.