Re: [NTLK] Generic AC adapter

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 04:31:23 EST

The LM-317 is only half of the trick, because you may still have a source
which is too powerful and you will end up with the message "battery toast"
because of the too high current.
This might be the reason for the message you have seen as well.
Normally the Newt accepts input voltages of 7.5 V without any problem.
The solution I am working at is with an LM 200, which does both, constant
voltage mode AND current limitation...

Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html