Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT]Proof Jobs isn't an idiot (was: Proof Jobs is an idiot)

From: Morgan Nichol (newton_at_the-monkey.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 04:33:01 EST

On 11 Nov 2002 at 0:07, Vernon LeMoignan wrote:

> >> How many years of education and experience should be required to
> >> network two computers?
> >
> > Not very much, my girlfriend can just plug her laptop into the hub
> > here and XP sets everything up for her instantly. So exactly what
> > is your point?
>
> Really? gee her version must be different than the ones I set up for a
> living every day. Where did she get it?

I guess so, or maybe you're simply unbelievably incompetent, I have
no way of knowing the truth.

It is in fact plain old XP home.

> That M$ miracle sounds like it came from their next switch ad.

Sure, well I suppose that DHCP & Media Sense might seem like a
miracle.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

> Does it have one of those psychic Pentiums too?
> Or was that psychotic pentium two?

It has an AMD processor.

Regards,
             Morgan

--
Morgan Nichol      -      morgan_at_quirk.co.nz
09 3073 678         -      021 159 0736