Re: [NTLK] Warp Core

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 09:54:27 EST

on 11/6/02 1:49 AM, Glen Warner at gdwarner_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_comcast.net> wrote:
>
> (*snip*)
>
>> The odds are greatly against you being immensely smarter than
> everyone
>> else in the field. If your analysis says your terminal velocity is
>> twice the speed of light, you may have invented warp drive, but the
>> chances are a lot better that you've screwed up.
>
> Say, Eric ... where did this quote come from?
>
> --gdw

I don't remember if I replied to this, so if it's a repeat, I'm sorry...

(Though how *anyone* could notice with 300+ messages over this weekend...)

Anyway, someone forwarded me a list of 'laws' that some engineer had put
together. I've got a couple in my random siggy's. I've also got two that I
saw on t-shirts, some I've just made up or said at some point, and one that
I saw elsewhere unattributed (although I'm told it appeared in some
editorial in AvWeek or some such).

- Eric.