Re: [NTLK] SMTP probs on the go

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 13:49:09 EST

You'll have to set the SMTP server to be whatever the
cafe authorizes. There should be some instructions on
that somewhere in the cafe's setting configuration.
What's happening is that the cafe won't let a port 25
leave their internal network...and you probably have
your own SMTP server setup in your owner's slip. You
will need to change this. If it's possible...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Donald Wilson <wdi101_at_stu.wccnet.org> wrote:

> I've been trying to use my newton more and more when
> I'm not at home for web
> and email stuff.
>
> I'm useing EnRoute and SimpleMail, to check to email
> accounts (my school and
> .Mac account respectively)
>
> The problem I've run into it one of "relaying
> deined" messages, or what I think
> is really Port 25 blocking on the part of the ISP
> for the cafes I tend to sit
> in.

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous