Re: [NTLK] Some Observations & Re: 130 Turns Off

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 13:36:08 EST

Yes. Better. While WD-40 displaces moisture and allows
a better contact to me made, it doesn't enhance the
contact. What DeoxIt does is fill in microscopic
crevices and creates an electrical connection at the
molecular level allowing the electrons to flow
unimpeded. This is particularly noticable in low
voltage situations, or in situations where the
environment is not the best. I use in on all my
electrical connections from my boat, my cameras to my
computers. I give all my ethernet cables a quick swipe
before I plug them in.
It may be purely subjective and I see results because
I expect results, but I doubt it.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Trent Tuggle <Trent_at_Tuggle.Org> wrote:

> As good as WD-40 ?
>
> Ed Kummel wrote:
>
> >Yeah. I use DeoxIt for everything electronic.
> >Batteries, PCI cards, stereo connections (I first
> used
> >it with my Technics Turntable. I used it for the
> >low-voltage connections from the turntable arm to
> the
> >cartridge. Got rid of a nasty hum...)
> >The spare Newt I got from Gem had a slight case of
> the
> >Jaggies I cured with DeoxIT. I cleaned and coated
> the
> >ribbon cable and PC board and the Newts been fine
> ever
> >since (I don't use it much, it's mainly an NPDS
> >server)

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous