[NTLK] On connections and their improvement (Was "Some Observations & Re: 130 Turns Off")

From: Paul Nuernberger (newton_at_thenuernbergers.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 22:20:33 EST

| Sayeth Ed Kummel on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 12:36 PM
|
| Yes. Better. While WD-40 displaces moisture and allows a better contact to
me made,
| it doesn't enhance the contact.

Not only that, but is strictly a no-no on any connection that may arc or
flash.

| What DeoxIt does is fill in microscopic crevices and creates an electrical
| (SNIP)
| I use in on all my electrical connections from my boat, my cameras to my
computers.
| I give all my ethernet cables a quick swipe before I plug them in.

Yep. I have never seen a recurrence of a problem on any connection that I
have cleaned and then applied DeOxit to. It certainly did the job on my
brother's MP2k1 that had a bad case of the jaggies (which is good as now it
is my spare).

| It may be purely subjective and I see results because I expect results,
| but I doubt it.

No, Ed, as usual you are correct. I've used DeOxit since it came out on the
market. The product just flat works !!

Paul Nuernberger

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html