Re: [NTLK] network browser for newton?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 17:24:59 EST

I dont' know of anything that will poll standard IP
networks (that would be a nice thing to have though)
but there is an app that allows you to mess around
with Appletalk networks. I use this when I need to
print to a corporate printer and to troubleshoot where
my Basilisk desktop is whan I need it. Otherwise, it's
just fun to see what Apple devices are on the network!
It's called NetNames. I'm sure you can find it on
Unna...I don't have it anymore (I used it quite alot
when I was an Apple Network/support/developer/whatever
else hat is worn in small companies...
.Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Andrew Vavricek <andrew_at_andrew.isa-geek.com>
wrote:

> I was wondering if there was a network browser for
> newton like the
> chooser that would allow me to find networks with my
> wavelan card.
> thanks in advance
>
> Andrew

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous