Re: [NTLK] Cannot install packages

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 18:46:55 EST

On 13/11/02 17:13, "Joe Bosak" <joe_at_bosak.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a 120 with OS1.3. When I connect to my Mac (running Newton
> Connection Utilities) the Newt does a backup and then disconnects. Which
> means I cannot install packages.. Any idea what's wrong?
>
> I swapped this ROM from another Newt (though I can't see why this would
> cause a problem).

Probably because you should be using "Newton Connection Kit 2.0" (AKA NCK)
with a Newton OS 1.3 device. NCU is for Newton OS 2.0 or better...

-Laurent.

fudge: 1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way,
particularly with respect to the writing of a program. "I didn't feel like
going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it -- I'll fix it later."
2. n. The resulting code.