Re: [NTLK] Use of pda-soft.de link...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 18:48:09 EST

On 13/11/02 18:26, "Dave Mauder" <dave_at_mauder.com> wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> I have a request about linking to a particular website in my Apple eMate
> auctions.
>
> Here?s the story?
>
> I have several Apple Newton eMate 300?s (47 to be exact) and am in the
> processing of selling them on ebay. Many of them have bad batteries and
> I would like to post a link to HYPERLINK
> "http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_battery_pack.html"http://www.pda-soft.de/e
> mate_battery_pack.html in my auctions to let others know how to
> rebuild/refurbish their own battery if they buy an eMate.
>
> I figure it would be a win/win situation, because I?m offering some
> added value to my buyers, and whoever maintains that site should end up
> getting a good bit of free traffic. (these eMate?s are attracting quite
> a number of visitors!)
>
> Anyway, I hope the maintainers of the pda-soft.de website will see this
> message and respond accordingly. Thanks!

Hey, wouldn't you happen to have a broken eMate but with a good display (or
video) cable?

-Laurent.

creationism n.: The (false) belief that large, innovative software designs
can be completely specified in advance and then painlessly magicked out of
the void by the normal efforts of a team of normally talented programmers.
In fact, experience has shown repeatedly that good designs arise only from
evolutionary, exploratory interaction between one (or at most a small
handful of) exceptionally able designer(s) and an active user population --
and that the first try at a big new idea is always wrong. Unfortunately,
because these truths don't fit the planning models beloved of management,
they are generally ignored.