Re: [NTLK] 16022 error.

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 01:36:24 EST

on 11/13/02 7:04 PM, Mark Flisher at Mark.Flisher_at_btinternet.com wrote:

> I have just upgraded from NIE 1.1 to 2.0 on my MP2000 (to enable Ethernet
> connection, which works fine. But when I try to e mail use my Psion Gold
> modem with Eudora the connection slip reads "Loading PPP Driver" and then
> quits with a -16022 error.
>
> This also occurs if I try to use NetHopper.
>
> I looked on the FAQ's and the only fix seemed to be to remind the Modem
> Prefs of which card slot will be used. This didn't fix the error.

I have the exact same problem with my Psion Gold. Unfortunately, it has also
always caused problems in our Powerbooks as well. I would guess that 3 out
of four times, it wouldn't get all the way connected. On the Newton, I
haven't gotten it to work even the first time. I will be trying the advice
that someone else gave, but I suspect that this modem is particularly
finicky.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.