Re: [NTLK] PrintPack via Ethernet

From: Polenta Marco (Marco.Polenta_at_eurac.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 09:41:25 EST

> The only way your Newton would see it is if the printer would support
> AppleTalk and would advertise itself as a postscript printer. I =
imagine that
> AppleTalk is not active on the printer. Maybe if you mention the =
printer's
> model, we could be of more help...
>=20
>=20
There are many PS printers on my corporate LAN. The one who's =
interesting me is a HP LJ 5000 series.
I printed the configuration page, and the Appletalk mode is active.
The Ethernet connection is working: I'm using it to connect the MP with =
NCU (on Classic) and with NewtSync (thank you, John!).
So, where's the error?

Marco

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html