Re: [NTLK] Newton Linux...

From: Murray, Tom (TMurray_at_usequities.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 10:17:30 EST

Jeff wrote:

My only complaint against this is that the Zaurus line still has a lower
pixel resolution than the 2x00 models. Do any other PDAs currently in
production support 480x320?

Not to mention that if I had wanted to purchase a PDA with a "chicklet"
keyboard there are better choices out there. I do want a Newton replacement
that offers Linux, I purchased my Newton because I wanted something to
replace having to retype everything I write on a piece of paper, that
includes, notes, to dos, appointments, etc. A bonus with the Newton was
that I could

also browse the web and do office type functions such as word-processing,
spreadsheets, and databases...to name ONLY a few of the Newtons
functionality. Try to do all of that using a limited writing area or a
"chicklet" keyboard. If they can create a slightly larger than Palm unit
that will allow even functional handwriting recognition on Linux...I'm all
over it.

But then again, that's just me. I'm sure there are plenty of other users on
this list

that would rather go with M$ and their established track record, or the Palm
compatibles and their established connectivity and user base.

Tom

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html