[NTLK] Progam for showing name / address at startup?

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 16:14:55 EST

Hi gang,

I just had one of those dreaded ideas...

Recently in one of my weekly nightmares I dreamed that
I left my Newton somewhere and couldn't remember where.
To make things worse, a very honest person found it, but
was unable to figure out who the owner is (of course this is
in the owner info, but you have to have a certain knowledge
of the Newton in order to get at it).

Now I had this idea to create a small package that creates
a full screen window with your name, address, phone number,
some more info (There'll be a generous reward if returned...),
stuff like that. As this thing does not have a close box, it would
serve the additional purpose that thieves can't get at your data
unless they know how to close this window. I'd probably use
a gesture for that, like a "C" for example.

This shouldn't be too difficult to implement, however, I'd rather
not do it if something like this already exists. Does it?

If not, would you regard something like this as useful?

Thanks

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html