Re: [NTLK] Progam for showing name / address at startup?

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 20:50:48 EST

> Recently in one of my weekly nightmares I dreamed that
> I left my Newton somewhere and couldn't remember where.
> To make things worse, a very honest person found it, but
> was unable to figure out who the owner is (of course this is
> in the owner info, but you have to have a certain knowledge
> of the Newton in order to get at it).

When my apartment was robbed several years ago, one of the items that
was stolen was my MessagePad. When the perpetrators were caught, the
Police were able to contact me (at work, later that day) because they
were able to find a reference to "Owner" in my MessagePad. But this was
more by luck than any familiarity with the device.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html