[NTLK] Books on Newton

From: Woody (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 22:22:29 EST

I have recently read several comments regarding Newton books or reading
books on the Newton in general.

I have found Newton Press quite easy to use for making Newton books from
any text source, whether it is Gutenberg project or lengthy emails that
I wnt to read on my NMP. I personally prefer the universal size because
I still have access to Avi's background features. The first step for me
is to use my wordprocessor to remove any problimatic formatting such as
carriage returns at the end of each line. Creative use of find and
replace can make short work of this. Once in Newton Book I also like
page breaks at the end of each chapter and chapter titles in the table
of contents, this can take ten to twenty minutes for most books. Not
much trouble for the convenience of having the book that I want.

For books that are already in Newton Book package that I have difficulty
reading because the font is too small for my somewhat ageing eyes to
comfortably see, or for those of you who would like to fill the screen.
Install and purchase Newts Cape. While viewing a Newton book open the
button on the bottom right that looks like an envelope and save the book
as a Newtworks document. It will take a while so don't assume that your
Newt is frozen. It will fill the screen and you can choose the font and
size. TIP occasionally tap the page to keep the insert carrot close to
the page you are reading, it will bring you back to that point if you
quit works and reopen that document.

I prefer not to use Paperback books because restarts due to any reason
such as battery changes takes you back to the first page and remaves any
font or size changes that you may have made.

Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html