Re: [NTLK] good email client for 040 mac

From: Technoir Support Corp (technoir_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 14:15:19 EST

Troy V. Barkmeier wrote on 18.11.2002 3:38 PM

>Scotty,
>1) Claris Em_at_iler rules.
well i like it too =]

>2) Assuming you also love Em_at_iler, when you get ready to upgrade your
>machine past '040 and to a more recent Mac OS, make sure you budget in an
>extra $49 for PowerMail from www.ctmdev.com as part of the upgrade; as
>someone who has been using Em_at_iler since 1.0 and who just finally gave up
>Em_at_ailer one year ago, I can assure you that a die-hard Em_at_iler fan will
>not be satisfied with any other Mac email client currently on the market.
>PowerMail comes closest to a pain-free transition.
i'll keep that in mind if i ever get that G3!

>3) ** Most important ** The issue you are experiencing in which the v3
>update fails has to do with the type of installation you did when you
>installed Em_at_ailer 2.0. It's been a couple years ago, but I seem to
>remember that the v3 updater will _only_ successfully update a "fat"
>(works with both 040 and PPC) install. If you did a "68040 only" install,
>in order to save disk space, the v3 updater will never succeed.
yes i read this too, and installed the FAT version in hopes that wasn the
problem. it wasn't =[

BUT Sushi helped me out and i am up & running with Emailer 2.0v3!! i hope
this message is dated correctly!!

>Troy V. Barkmeier
thanks Troy!!

--

[[ scotty technoir technoir support corporation ]]