Re: [NTLK] Newton font for Mac

From: Brian Carstensen (reggie.lives_at_netzero.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 10:13:29 EST

On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 08:45 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

>> Does anyone have (or know where to get) a Newton look-a-like font for
>> Mac
>> (or Windows at a pinch)?
>
> Epsy and Epsy-Sans are the closest you can get, I think.

Or the original and beautifully bitmapped Espy Serif and Espy Sans, if
you can find 'em.

Marty Pfeiffer makes the Nu Font Pack
<http://www.scootergraphics.com/nupack/index.html>, which includes Nu
Sans, New Serif, and Nu Casual, all based on the fonts used on the
Newton, as well as Nu Sans Monospaced. It costs $31, so I haven't used
'em, but they seem like quality goods.

Anybody know anything about "Apple Casual" used in these screenshots?

<http://www.applelust.com/alust/oped/davies_conception/archives/
inkwell/rendered.jpg>
<http://www.applelust.com/alust/oped/davies_conception/archives/
inkwell/panel.jpg>