Re: [NTLK] [OT] What we always knew to be true is proven in a battle to the death

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 01:07:41 EST

on 11/19/02 5:49 PM, Willytmailboy_at_aol.com at Willytmailboy_at_aol.com wrote:

> I was aimlessly browsing and came across a site called googlefight, where
> keyword are pitted against each other, I'll let you work out how the scoring
> is done.
> Any way, I put my newton to work to defeat the under powered Palm Pilot, and
> the results can be found below
>

><http://google-fight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=Newton&q2=Palm+Pilot&B1=Make+a+f
ight%21&compare=1&langue=us>

But that's really not fair. Do you realize how many different "Newtons"
there are in this world? Just do a Newton search on eBay without first
selecting the computer section. :-) You've got Isaac Newton, Wayne Newton,
Olivia, and several different other varieties, as well as place names,
etc...

I did a search on "Apple Newton" with the Palm Pilot, and I won't share the
results... They were less than spectacular. You can do the battle yourself.

I like the concept, however. It took me a few seconds to get the word play
at work on this sight. It wasn't until I was explaining to my wife how it
works that I realized why it's called "Google_fight_." I'm a bit slow on the
uptake tonight...

As justification, I will say that I can blame a fellow NTLKer for it. Paul
Zenk, an NTLKer from Kansas City, is traveling through Europe. Today and
yesterday, he has been with us in Krakow. I've been with him and his family
all day, enjoying the company! I got home around 9 tonight. I'm beat, to
tell the truth, so such puns are slow in coming to my brain. :-)

P.S. Paul is a wonderful guy! And very generous-hearted, as I'm sure those
in London can testify, as can Frank. :-) He deserves some sort of Newtie
award, or something. That's for sure.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland