Re: [NTLK] So I've Got This Dead eMate ....

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 23:37:15 EST

"Johannes Wolf" <mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl> wrote:

(*snip*)

> I was able to fix this problem with an extension called FixTrax.

Can't install it, because it won't stay on long enough ... :o\

> In order to find out if this is your problem as well you can
> a) start the Newt without Extensions (after reset) by holding down
the
> pen in the lower left corner (approx. 2mm from left and lower border)
> The Newt should then work normally.

It's still in the shop, but when it comes back, I'll give that a shot.

> b) if you do not need what was probably installed before you can
also do
> a brainwipe (holding down reset = power switch until a message
appears on
> the screen) and then erase everything.

For me, this is a new unit. A brainwipe wouldn't hurt ... but if it
is, as you suggest, an extension problem of some sort, I should be
able to swap the ROM card with a spare, right?

> But then the problem might come up later when you have installed
once a
> bunch of extensions...

I plan on installing the junque I have on my eMate now from a previous
packup.

Thanks for the ideas!

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html