Re: [NTLK] So I've Got This Dead eMate ....

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 04:28:14 EST

If this is the case the problem is most probably not due to a load of
extensions. But anyhow the swapping of the system ROM card would not solve a
problem with extensions because they are stored in the flash-ROM which is
soldered.

I had a strange problem with an MP2100 which did not even started.
Later I found out that the problem is due to an incompatibility of the
system patch that was installed.
To get rid of the system patch the one and only way I know and I have tested
is to swap the ROM cartridge wiyh another one. In that case the Newt will
detect a "new" ROM and perform a complete Brainwipe INCLUDING all previously
installed system patches.
But you have to be patient, because the Newt will take its time to do all
this until it comes nicely back and shows you some message on the screen.
In fact I was already scared that the Newt would be completely dead after
doing this the first time.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html