Re: [NTLK] -48216 Error in MP3 Builder

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 03:40:10 EST

> I reinstalled Virtual PC with Windows 95 just to get this working, but
> whenever I try to compile MP3 Builder with a small 1.6 MB MP3, and I get
an
> "Out of Heap Memory" error when I try building the package with NTK 1.6.1
> for Windows. I don't understand how NTK can decide that it's out of heap
> memory when trying to build this. Does anyone have any clues as to what
I'm
> doing wrong? I changed the values in the constants files.

    You can try to change the heap values in "edit" , "Toolkit preferences",
"heaps". I can't remeber if i've changed those values.

> Also, I tried taking the code in the files and making a Mac NTK project
from
> it, but I get an error when the compiler tries to use the loaddatafile()
> function, which I suspect is causing a problem on the Windows version,
too.

    LoadDataFile() works only for the windows version of NTK. With a mac
you have to make a resource file containing the MP3.

> Any ideas? Thanks in advance. If I manage to make a Mac NTK project from
> this and no one else has found one I'll upload it to UNNA, but one when it
> works!

    I tried to convert it once, but it looks like you need a special program
for making the resources files, and i couldn't find it at that moment.

Daniel Padilla

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html