[NTLK] How to install wireless driver?

From: bettyy_at_earthlink.net
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 16:34:54 EST

Hi Everyone,

I bit the bullet and bought a Lucent Wavelan Turbo Silver card. I'd heard
about some kind of incompatibility between the Hiroshi driver and other
ethernet drivers. I have a Farallon Ethernet card. Are there particular
extensions I should remove before installing Hiroshi's driver? Or, can I
freeze the extensions? If I want to switch back and forth between the
driver's, do I freeze or remove one then install the other? I don't want
to screw up the new card before I find out if it works or not.

Thanks for any info.

Betty
mailto:bettyy_at_earthlink.net

PS - I'm still trying to figure out how to use my cell phone (Motorola
Startac) to hook up to my earthlink account and download my mail. I have
the TrueSync data connectivity kit and the PC cable with a gender changer
between them. At this point, I have no idea what else to do. What modem
setup do I use? When I try to connect, it says it's dialing the number but
then the phone doesn't do anything. Are there step-by-step instructions
for this? Thanks.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html