Re: [NTLK] How to install wireless driver?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 05:23:01 EST

on 23-11-2002 10:34, bettyy_at_earthlink.net at bettyy_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> I have a Farallon Ethernet card. Are there particular extensions I should
> remove before installing Hiroshi's driver? Or, can I freeze the extensions?
> If I want to switch back and forth between the driver's, do I freeze or remove
> one then install the other? I don't want to screw up the new card before I
> find out if it works or not.

I switched without any problems until recently, but though my silver still
works I get a WaveLan Error upon insertion.
Don't have a clue if it's related, but somebody else reported recently that
the Farallon driver tried to handle his WaveLan card and apparently killed
it. Mine still works, but it doesn't seem as reliable as before :-(
I do keep my Farallon driver frozen now though...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html