Re: [NTLK] OT Memory on a Wallstreet

From: Jonathan Ramos (imagraphicstudios_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 02:11:55 EST

Hi guys,

I have a Wallstreet G3/266, the PDQ. You can get 256 MB RAM that fits in the upper
slot that is next to the hard drive. That space is user accesible. This is what I
have. With the 64 MB standard, I have a total of 320 MB. But there are low profile
RAM you can get that fits in the lower slot. This space is underneath the
motherboard, the hard drive, and everything else. You'll need a Mac tech to install
the RAM in the lower slot. Anyways, there's a 256 MB RAM for that slot, also, making
it possible for half a gig (512 MB) of RAM on your Pbook G3.

RAM technology has become so efficient since the beginning of the G3 era, we can all
pump more memory in older Macs that they weren't designed for. I have a PMac
9600/300 (soon to be upgraded to a Sonnet G4 800) that has 4 of it's 12 RAM slots
filled with 128 each.for a total of 512 MB. Originally the 9600 only supported 768
MB. Now if I fill all 12 slots, I can have a gig and a half of memory! Anyone with
the 8600 AV can have just as much RAM now but what's even cooler, they had seperate
slots for video alone. They can upgrade to 256 MB for onboard video memory plus
whatever memory they can get from a newer video card!

For RAM sources friendly to mac customers and best deal on memory around:

http://www.coastmemory.com

HTH,
Jonathan