[NTLK] newton hacking

From: edwardmccaughan (madscientist_at_macunlimited.net)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 08:26:13 EST

the most important part of this is what does the connector at j13 do?
i sort of tore the wires out of the male part and what kind of
connector is it? i took it to about 5 different computer and
electronics shops and they had no idea what kind of connector it was,
let alone have a replacement.

since i did this the backlight has stopped working, but worryingly a
whine has developed coming from the direction of the battery.
everything except the backlight works, but it am kind of worried that
its due to a voltage overload caused by the backlight being there.
anyone know better?

which connectors are the speaker and mic as well, as i want to replace
these with stereo jacks to use as linein and out?

my painting experience isnt very much, but can anyone recommend a good
brand of silver paint that will make it look sort of like the TiBook.
mainly something that wont scratch off too easily and will look
realisitic.

as a end note, does anyone it the uk (shipping from the us has left me
with a bad taste in my mouth) have a serial dongle or a SER-100
internal serial port that theyed be willing to sell? an extra battery
cage could come in handy for my spare newton, but not that important.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html