Re: [NTLK] A little fun

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 11:47:48 EST

À (At) 11:32 -0500 26/11/02, Eric L. Strobel écrivait (wrote) :
>The idea was to arrange to 'flood' them on one particular day (or as close
>as possible). I was just speculating that it would be neat if they could
>somehow be delivered to SJ at MacWorld SF (ideally during the keynote)...

This is a good idea.
They'll all arrive the same week, not the same minute. Plus SJ won't
sign them himself. And they won't bother him during the keynote.

Nevertheless, he will be told that many cards arrived if we can reach
something like the 100-fedexed figure in a short period of time. We
need organization. We need to let people from abroad to send the
cards first for a best effect. The easiest is that we all target a
single day, say a Thursday, and everyone try to organize themselves.
The number of FedEx packages is important, but the number of cards
will also strike them. So please fill one card per Newton you have
(put the hardware serial number).

I don't know when the MWSF keynote is (wouldn't the WWDC be more
convenient?) but this is definitely a good idea. FedEx or UPS or
Whatever is more noticeable than just USPS.
And I'm not sure that the no postage necessary works for copies of
the card (it definitely doesn't work from abroad).

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/