Re: [NTLK] Voice of reason (was: A little fun)

From: d0pp13r (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 19:56:18 EST

On 2002-11-26 22.15, "newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net" <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
wrote:

> From: Hans Derycke <hans_at_derycke.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Voice of reason (was: A little fun)
>

> Maybe fedexing registration cards isn't the most cost-effective way to go
> about this. If we cough up $10-$15 each for a FedEx package, maybe for the
> same amount of money we could rent a strategically placed billboard (across
> from 1 Infinite Loop, maybe?).
>
> By the way, Hi! I'm new to this list, and to the Newton in general.

ok, i found quite a few registration cards and other stuff in my good ol'
mp2000 box:

1) registration card for international customers
2) address sticker for respective country (that is closest to your country)
3) registration card for US users (business reply mail, no stamp necessary)
this one wil entitle you to three free numbers of the pen computing
magazine.

it is notable that both registration cards had small stickers with the
messagepad 2000 model number "H0136Z/B" (its probably some other code for
other models) there is no serial number printed in those cards, however. i
think that print-on-demand was not ripe for party at that time.

the box also contained the following:
4) apple support card for 90-days software assistance and assistance and "no
charge troubleshooting assistance for problems resulting in a hardware
repair for as long as Apple actively maintains parts for your product"

so, judging from my findings, we can conclude that apple wanted
international users to send their cards to their local apple representation.

/ roman

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_pixell.net