Re: [NTLK] Jaggies send me to 130 land

From: Hilal Malawi (hilal_at_netvigator.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 06:37:30 EST

My own experience with jaggies could be of help. I lived with jaggies for
some time until a couple of years ago. I sent my Newton 2100 to Apple for
repair because of two problems: jaggies and contrast.

They replaced a few things (will need to look up the receipt if you want to
know exactly what), which fixed the contrast. But the jaggies reappeared the
moment I restored my data.

So I did some experimentation (wow, risk-taking). Turns out jaggies (at
least mine) had to do with a data corruption somewhere. I couldn't tell
where, but it was something on a memory card: no jaggies when the card
wasn't in the Newton. In fact it could have been the card itself.

So what I did was reinstall the software on a separate card, and move the
data by re-filing from card to card (it took a while: some apps didn't have
a 'select all' button). No jaggies since then.

Hope this helps.

Hilal

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html