Re: [NTLK] Voice of reason

From: JBrock_at_eqt.com
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 08:57:35 EST

Mark> Doug's correct when he says we stand to lose from such an action not
Mark> gain. An action with spite and venom can only hurt the Newton
Mark> community's chances of creating a relationship. What's that old
saying,
Mark> "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar."?

Was thinking about this as well last night and wanted to write something
similar in nature, however Mark's last email summed it up very well. I would
think that most of us would rather see or hope that there could be a
possibility of reviving the platform on Apple's part. Sure it's great having
this little "niche", revolutionary Newton community, but wouldn't it be
better yet to see the program take off again and introduce it to an entirely
new audience? Don't know if that might happen, but I'm sure it would be less
likely to happen if we are just perceived, rightly or wrongly, as just on
the fringe, just trying to annoy that status quo. Making a solid case by
demonstrating the level of programming development that continues to go on
despite being a "discontinued" platform and showing how the Newton can very
much be a player in today's market...I think that would make much more of
the impression we might be looking for. Just some thoughts.

Thanks!

Joshua
Joshua J. Brock
Market Research Analyst