Re: [NTLK] ANN: SER-001

From: Dave Christensen (dc623_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 11:23:15 EST

To correct the no problems reported to dat comment.

I experienced problems with the SER-001 and 2 Motorola Cell
Phones. Data would be transmitted to the phone, it would
dial and connect, but for some reason the newton would not
realize that it was connected. It just sat there and timed
out. Probably something to do with the CD line not being
fully processed somewhere. Long story short, I use my cell
phone with my newt every two-three days, and couldnt go and
keep plugging the SER001 in and out all the time as not even
a dongle based connection would work properly with the phone
when the card was installed. My keyboard worked fine with
the SER001 as did a HP DeskJet 870. Mr. PCBMan went way out
of his way in helping to troubleshoot and trying to get it
to work, but no dice. I'd love to have kept mine, and had
it work, but I guess I cant have everything.

Anyone have a dongle or two CHEAP to sell?

-Dave
New River, Arizona

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html