Re: [NTLK] Updates to Raissa, NHttpLib and MAD Max

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 01:57:53 EST

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 12:34 , Paul Guyot wrote:
> Does streaming uses the codec interface? Is there any performance
> improvement?

Unfortunately not yet. The problem is indeed that the codec wants only
complete MP3 frames, so if you feed it a truncated last frame, it gets
discarded. I've been playing around with different styles of buffer
management but none of the worked that good so far. But I have an idea
that might work... I definitely want to use the codec for streaming, it
brought much improvement for file playback.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html