Re: [NTLK] NewtSync Question

From: Martin Joseph (marty_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 01:08:29 EST

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 11:36 PM, Clinton Yelvington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to Sync my 2100 to my TiBook with NewtSync by hooking
> it into my Performa 6400's Printer Port. The TiBook is connected to the
> Performa by an ethernet crossover cable. I have LocalTalk Bridge
> running on the 6400. But despite manually configuring my TiBook,
> Performa 6400, and Newt with IP addresses, the sync won't work. I start
> NewtSync on the TiBook, start the Newton, but nothing happens. the
> TiBook sits there listening but doesn't acknowledge the Newton. Can
> anyone help me with this?
> <snip>

I probably should keep my mouth shut and defer to the experts on this
(John?), but I'm fairly certain this will not work because nSync
doesn't use Appletalk...

I think it supports a serial setup, and a TCP/IP setup, but neither of
those will work through your performa...

So, you probably are looking at getting either an ethernet or wireless
card for you Newton and perhaps an airport card for the Ti.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html