Re: [NTLK] Overclocking the MP2x00

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 04:59:48 EST

    I tried that a few months ago, but it looks like those speed selection
pins are hard wired inside the chip to 162 MHZ. I did every single
combination, higher and lower speeds, but it would never change, or at least
i couldn't notice the difference and that program for testing the speed
didn't show anything.

    There's also a big "162" printed on the chip.
  Indeed, it's not an easy task to rewire the four pins but I *had* to try
:-)

Daniel Padilla

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html