Re: [NTLK] OT: PalmOS-based AlphaSmart Dana

From: Randy & Cheyanne (charan_at_centurytel.net)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 11:00:51 EST

On Saturday, November 30, 2002, at 09:19 AM, Jon Glass wrote:
> and I was indeed wrong. The only similarity is in the key
> layout and size. Actually, they may be similar, in that they use two
> plastic
> sheets with tracings on them, and that depressing the key closes
> circuits to
> send to the device, but I haven't taken the Newton keyboard apart far
> enough
> to confirm that.

        Jon,

        What we need is for someone to write a serial driver to use the
newt's keyboard with the Duos (or other Apple computers for that
matter :-). I use a happy hacking keyboard
<http://www.pfuca.com/products/products.html> with my iBook and it's
very similar to the newton keyboard in size and key arrangement.

        Randy

--
"When I fed the poor, they called me a saint.  When I asked why they are
poor, they called me a communist."

Archbishop Camera of Brazil