Re: [NTLK] initial connection question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 16:39:21 EDT

On 03/10/02 14:30, "Dede Johnson" <dja_at_mac.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 02:12 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>> If I mention "Newton Internet Enabler", does that ring any bell? If
>> not,
>> that's what you need to make sure that you have on your Newton. If
>> not, your
>> modem can only send and receive faxes. With NIE 2.0, you will be able
>> create an Internet setup and connect to your Internet Service Provider.
>
> I found Newton Internet in my Extras folder. When I tap it (with the
> modem in), it says it is version 2.0 and is currently active. I put all
> the settings for our ISP in Internet Setup. Next?

Go in the Owner Info app and make sure you have a worksite that is
configured to use that internet setup. You might have to switch to
"Show->All Info" and select "Add->Internet Setup" to do so. Then, just use
an email client (like SimpleMail) or an www browser (like NetHopper) and try
to connect.

-Laurent.

code monkey n.: 1. A person only capable of grinding out code, but unable to
perform the higher-primate tasks of software architecture, analysis, and
design. Mildly insulting. Often applied to the most junior people on a
programming team. 2. Anyone who writes code for a living; a programmer. 3. A
self-deprecating way of denying responsibility for a management decision, or
of complaining about having to live with such decisions. As in "Don't ask me
why we need to write a compiler in COBOL, I'm just a code monkey."