Re: [NTLK] D-Link DWL-650 doesn't work

From: Harlan Feinstein (harlan_at_feinsteins.net)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 08:05:38 EDT

  Laurent> Now, what is less normal is the error messages that there
  Laurent> isn't enough memory to do what you want, when you are trying
  Laurent> to connect to the Internet. That shouldn't be the case with
  Laurent> the amount of free heap you have.

I've got 365K free heap, and I'm finding that more frequently, establishing a connection via the D-Link is locking up and getting the complaint that the Newt doesn't have enough memory to do what I want. I've been doing some trimming of non-essential stuff, and freezing occasionally-used packages, but to no avail so far.

Is it possible that there's a memory leak in the WaveLan driver?

--Harlan