Re: [NTLK] IrDA Connection?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 00:19:55 EDT

on 12/10/02 21:42, Andrew at idahoski_at_insightbb.com wrote:

> I do have a serial adapter on its way, but I have been trying to connect my
> 2100 to my Original G3 PowerBook (Kanga) via IrDA. I tried
> NewtonDILTesterPPC and even tried using EE Transfer, but can't get the
> programs to connect.
> If I open the IR control panel during beaming connection attempt, it will
> recognize the Newton, but that is it. I put in new copies of IrDAlib and
> IrTool and the IR control panel and restarted the PowerBook. I did not
> have a copy of IrLanScannerPPC in my OS 9.1 install, so I extracted one from
> the OS 9 install disk and tried dropping it in the system folder. Still, no
> luck. Are there any other required extensions? I checked my Mac with
> Norton, Disk Warrior, and Conflict Catcher and none reported any corrupt
> files.
> I have never been able to get the PowerBook to connect via IR even with a
> Visor with Palm Desktop and PocketPC with PocketPCIR2002. The control panel
> shows the devices but none will connect.

IIRC, the first PowerBook with IrDA was the PowerBook G3 Series (AKA
Wallstreet). I don't think the first PowerBook G3 was supporting IrDA.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor users get is the finger.