Re: [NTLK] [OT] Linksys or E-Tech router

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 12:36:03 EDT

Can;t speak to the E-Tech. Never used one

The Linksys we've had some interesting issues with (random data
corruption) but that seems to be a function of the set up we had

We've changed it so the linksys no longer has to do an around the
corner client going to the net and requesting files from a server that
happens to be port mapped onto the inside of the linksys) and that has
cured this particular issue

We're using our with Macs, PC's, Suns, and a few other items and it
works pretty well
It handles AppleTalk just fine

For home use they are great because you'd be highly unlikely to do what
we did with it in your home