Re: [NTLK] Scratching the screen on my mp120!!!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 14:50:20 EDT

I find that to keep the tip clean, you need to
"burnish" the tip. I use a sheet of paper with a high
linen content and draw the tip of the stylus across it
several times while rotating the stylus between my
fingers. This will assure a smooth tip
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- sopha <sophalicus_at_charter.net> wrote:

> > Heya,
> > since the stylus tip is relatively soft it is
> possible that small and hard
> > chips of metal or ceramics could get stuck in the
> plastic and stay there,
> > causing scratches now and then, depening on the
> angle. You might polish or
> > even grind the pen surface to get rid of the bad
> stuff and then everything
> > should be fine. If you've dropped your stylus onto
> a dirty floor it could have
> > got this disease :-)
> >
> > Good Luck!
> > Marco
>
> thanks for the reply marco, i forgot to mention i
> did this (file the stylus
> tip down a bit) afterwards and was unsure if i
> should have which is probobly
> why i didn't mention it...heh.
>
> anyhow, what you say makes sense, and yes the stylus
> has been dropped
> innumerably...i'll have to be more carefull in the
> future! i have a few
> words which are engraved on the screen now,
> thankfully they are tastefull
> words which i think i can live with...hehe.
>
> //chrisitan

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous