Re: [NTLK] NCU via Classic

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 23:19:22 EDT

on 17/10/02 20:52, Steve Dockery at sdockery_at_mac.com wrote:

> If I follow the instructions in the connection FAQ about using ethernet
> to connect the Newton and NCU, will that setup work under classic?
> (Actually, at this point, I think I've followed the instructions and I
> haven't got it to work yet booted directly in OS 9, but I'm willing to
> assume I screwed something up and I just have to start over from
> scratch setting it up.)

Yes, that setup is working for me under classic. If you install everything,
then you should be fine.

> Question 2:
> If I want to connect via serial adapter using classic, do I install the
> BOTH the OS 9 and OS X Keyspan serial adapter drivers, or the OSX
> drivers only, or the OS 9 drivers only? (I've gotten this to work
> before booted in OS 9 with the OS 9 drivers installed.)

I don't have much experience with that adapter, but I would imagine you'd be
better off installing both set of drivers.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

coaster n.: 1. Unuseable CD produced during failed attempt at writing to writeable or re-writeable CD media. Certainly related to the coaster-like shape of a CD, and the relative value of these failures. "I made a lot of coasters before I got a good CD." 2. Useless CDs received in the mail from the likes of AOL, MSN, CI$, Prodigy, ad nauseam.