Re: [NTLK] Compact Flash - terms

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 04:58:51 EDT

> I have been able to get them to work only once. If the card/adapter is
>ejected the Newton would not recognize it again. I tried Fuji and Agfa
>SmartMedia cards. Could it have something to do with the brand?

Actually, SmartMedia cards aren't ATA cards. The ATA device is the
adapter. Therefore, the brand of the SmartMedia card matters less
than the brand of the adapter.

My adapter seems to work so far. With some surprising thing: the
Newton doesn't seem to make a difference if I eject the adapter or
just the card inside the adapter.

I'm working right now on getting my SD card with its adapter working.
The first command, identify, seems to be fine but everything else
fails. This is probably due to a bug in my driver and this bug
probably prevents other cards to work.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/