[NTLK] 4 qs

From: d0pp13r (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 20:26:55 EDT

> From: Andrew Thiel <aothiel_at_unity.ncsu.edu>
>
> 3. Does anyone know if PIXsolution (makers of implant 2000) are still in
> business? If so, does anyone have any experiences to share about the
> company's service and the quality of the implant? I want 220mhz, but
> would rather not have to flip a switch in order to beam, sync, etc.

i think they are in business, in fact. there is no way that you can get
220MHz and still be able to do serial or record audio at normal pitch - you
*will* have to switch.

> 4. Here at the university there is 802.11b wireless access widely
> available, but they use something called "Nomad" which is an
> authentication system for getting an IP address. It requires SSL to
> work. My theory is that I need one SSL-enabled program to get an IP
> address, and then I'm home free to use any other net apps. Does anyone
> know of *any* SSL enabled program I might use for this logging in?

there is, unfortunately no way of doing this today. there are no plans to
implement it on the newt either, unfortunately.

> Sorry to pester you all with so many questions!

youre welcome

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_pixell.net