Re: [NTLK] nSync on Slashdot

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 00:30:10 EDT

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, John Anderson wrote:

> http://apple.slashdot.org/

From Slashdot (MBCook):
> but as many other comments have pointed out, nSync is not that great a
> name. Personally, I'd prefer "iNewt". That name is just cool.

The name "nSync" has completely grown on me. If John emaciates away
building this thing up and if it's eventual open-source encourages others
to contribute even more, this thing could be big.

I'm personally waiting for nSync to integrate with Mad Max so I can
develop playlists under iTunes and effectively make my Newton an iPod
(albeit with lower audio quality). Screwing a headphone jack into my
2100's expansion bay blank would be a breeze. I wish we could get someone
to develop Newton holsters for the 2100 with screen flap though.

http://www.gementerprises.com/newtflipcase.html

These are IMO the best cases so far, since they protect, are usable under
normal conditions, and keep a slot available for wireless or card
changing. No belt clip or microphone hole though. (please forgive the
vendor link. Surprisingly these are actually well priced for GEM.)

-Jeff