Re: [NTLK] Any hope nSync will eventually be developed for Win

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 20:31:58 EDT

At 03:15 PM 10/23/2002 -0400, "Donald Winiecki" <DWINIECKI_at_boisestate.edu>
wrote:

>Desiring to keep using my various message pads and eMate, I would very
>much like to see a connection tool to synch the things with my Windows
>machine (XP, 2000, who knows what's next)...
>
>Any hope of nSync or something like it on PCs?

Outlink works pretty well for syncing names, appointments, and to-dos with
Microsoft Outlook (doesn't work with SER-001 though).

LookOut works rather less well in my experience, but it is SER-001 friendly.

Victor's NewtDump is very handy for transferring Newton data to Winders in
various formats (transferring bookmarks from Newt'sCape to IE is super neat!)

Brad's Notes2Notes doesn't work for me, but it might work for you. It
allows exchanging Notes between Newton and Outlook.

So there are quite a few Windows options for syncing -- Mac options are
only now catching up, as I see it.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Bond Shepherd
jbond_at_jameswhale.com

Americans practice different faiths in churches, synagogues, mosques and temples. And many good people practice no faith at all. - George W. Bush, finally gets it right in his Easter Address of 2002 My PGP key is available on public keyservers.