Re: [NTLK] What is a WALT??

From: Ken Rumsey (kenhsd_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 16:05:16 EDT

> >I think you got one of the Pad's Nobody ever
> seen!...
> >I'll wait to see what the Threads say?... Jeff
>
> Never saw this, but I could bite myself again
> for not getting a copy
> of "Apple Design" when I had it in my hands.

What is "Apple Design"?

> > > While cleaning out my girlfriend's house,
> we came across a unique Apple
> > > product.
>
> Do you have any idea how it got there?

She thinks it might have been left by the old owner of her house.

> > > Here are some pics so you can see what I
> am referring to:
> >>

> http://terminator.dnsalias.net/cromaa/walt/
>
> Still no idea, but questions:
> - Does it work?!
> - That thingie on the stylus, is it a real
> button?
> - What are the dimensions of the screen? Is it
> bigger than a 2x00?
> What about the size of the whole device?

It does power up with a musical sound but after that a disk appears on the
screen with a question mark in it and nothing else happens. The button on the
stylus does appear to be real and can be pushed in. The screen is 4.75" x
7.75" and diagonally it's 9". The whole thing is 11" x 10.5" and about 2.5"
tall at the top and 1.5" high at the bottom.

> I guess I do not have to mention that this
> device makes my heart
> ache. I would love to have an Apple-branded
> tablet, I just know that
> Apple would do it right...

I have already had quite a few inquiries off list questioning if I would sell
it. With the newfound interest the list is giving it, we are going to have to
research and determine it's aesthetic value.

--
Ken