Re: [NTLK] Napalm - more info

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 17:04:10 EDT

On Thursday, October 24, 2002, at 10:12 PM, Brian Parker wrote:

> Licenses
> The core of Napalm is a C 68000 emulator I wrote 2 years ago in
> college. The dragonball specific stuff is taken from Copilot (which
> Palm
> used as a base for POSE). Copilot is copyrighted by its authors, and
> changes can only be distributed with their permission. I haven't asked
> for their permission, because I still expect to rewrite those parts
> anyways.

Well there seem to be quite a few ports of Copilot which are being
distributed without apparent problems. According to what I have read on
the original author's site, POSE is not just based on Copilot, it is
Copilot renamed and developed further.

Given that POSE is almost certainly a lot better than the original
Copilot (I find that on OSX it's a very fine way of testing Palm
applications), why not use your undoubted skills to make a more up to
date Palm emulator for the Newton based on POSE?

Simon