Re: [NTLK] NaPalm: it's for real

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 13:45:37 EDT

> Subject: [NTLK] NaPalm: it's for real.
--snip--
> It's totally for real. Not only that, but it's so damn amazing just to see.
> Brian, I'm sorry I ever doubted you :)

Forgive my doubts, but one could make a "Palm-appearing" app easily. Here's
a laundry list of questions.

- Did you try all the buttons - name, date, notepad, checklist?
- Do they seem to work?
- Can you add and edit data?
- Does the data survive a Newton reset?
- Is it using Grafilthy only, or is the Newt's HWR passed thru to the Palm
emulator?
- what is the mechanism to install Palm apps?
- what is the mechanism to install Palm books?
- How does one set Palm RAM; or is this ROM-dependent?
- Does the Palm emu take advantage of other cards (e.g. Airport, modem)
installed in the Newton?
- Can you beam from the Newton back to the Palm emu using a mirror?

A comment about the screen - I suppose it should look something like a
Palm, like most Palm emus do, however hows about a nice 3D greyscale image?
Or better yet a special image of a "NaPalm" computer, complete w/ flame
logo!