Re: [NTLK] Cheap 2100's, too good to be true?

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 10:54:07 EST

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 01:58 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> on 29-10-2002 6:00, Paul Guyot at pguyot_at_kallisys.net wrote:
>
>> You've been lucky. I bought the same unit for the same price from
>> phillydiscounters for Nicolas.
>> It lacks the front door, the screen cover & a PCMCIA latch.
>> The auction said that it was in good condition with all latches.
>> I showed my discontent by e-mail. I didn't get any answer yet.
>
> Good to know, but nobody states the state of the screen, which I think
> is
> the most important.
> I'd rather have a worn down Newt with a cover or two missing with a
> pristine
> screen than the opposite...

The screen on mine was fine. No scratches that are noticeable to me. As
I said, this unit was in very fine condition, and appeared to have been
only lightly used. The missing clips on the back for the door, which I
just found out were supposed to be there, are the only defect I'm aware
of. I have no complaints. It was a big step up from my silver-painted
$20 120.
John (with a new "OS neutral" .sig)

"Got Newt!"