Re: [NTLK] Cheap 2100's, too good to be true?

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 11:21:54 EST

>From: Glen Warner <gdwarner_at_mindspring.com>

>If you don't want to hunt for stuff, buy a unit from Gem for $300 or
>so.

I've had 3 researchers get a 2100 recently after seeing how I used mine for
projects.

They went with the full setups from www.jksalesinc.com for $190; the seller
offers a range of conditions and bits and pieces. Maybe he is one of the
ebay seller to, I have no idea. Maybe they could save a little $ if they
were lucky on ebay but after shipping etc. I'd guess it's pretty close if
not more to assemble from pieces. Sometimes you can get out of ebay with a
deal though :)

So far, everyone has been happy. After the 2nd person converted from Palm
I just left a template of "necessary" software packages on my hard drive to
make an "essentials" CD-R...

Only thing missing from the jksales bundle is a Mac dongle or PC
dongle/cable combo; they sell the PC cables separately. I've just been
installing the ethernet drivers and that's been fine for everyone so far
(all mac users).

Brian